The NY Times today has an article on The Selby. You probably heard of the site. It's about real people in their homes--some famous, some not. The article also went on to discuss how people can relate more to "real places" than professionally decked up places frequently featured in decor magazines, which contributes to their ever growing popularity.
We love the Selby too but in a way, it's like watching Rachel Ray cooks vs a professional chef. There is no competition! Magazines offer beautifully shot, gorgeous decor that we can fantasize about. We don't want to look at houses that look just like ours, for god's sake. For example, look at the image below from Homebodies, one of the blogs mentioned:
We want our decorating magazines back! We miss them, terribly.
- ► 2011 (335)
- Gimme My Decorating Magazines Back!
- Real Cool Barstool
- Modern Silk Flower Arrangements
- Modern and Glamorous-Chandelier from Barbara Cosgr...
- Design Bucket List: Wegner Wishbone Chair
- Costly Exterior Design Pictures
- D Home: Crazy or Cool??
- New Jamie Young Lamps
- Souvenir Stylings: Palm Beach
- Decor Dallas Covers Bradley Agather's Condo!
- Nest Interior Design featured in Modern Luxury!
- Back in Action!
- Contemporary Dinnerware
- Dreaming of A Modern Beach Home
- Pretty Linens from Lili Alessandra
- Modern Interior Design
- interior design minimalis
- unique interior design
- Multyplayer game interior
- Interior decorating tips for the living room
- modern house interiors
- Aircraft Interior Design New Romantic
- interior room
- interior living room
- Contemporary House With A Simple Garden
- Arimbi Minimalist Design
- Startling Burj Al Arab Building Design
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2009 (30)