Refresh and Renew- Spring Cleaning

Well, spring is upon us and we all know what that means... spring cleaning. This international tradition is about refreshing and renewing our homes, not just getting out the Windex and calling it a day. Spring cleaning allows us to throw out the remnants of any unfinished projects, missed goals, and start fresh.

When I find myself in a darkly decorated (dark curtains, walls, furniture) room, I tend to feel lethargic and unmotivated. So, when it was time for me to start my cleaning spree, I traded my blacks for whites and my deep colors for those that inspire.

Barbara Barry gives us some great ideas for brighter designs with stunning linen fabrics. Try making some pillows with her Kravet fabric In Bloom or some new drapes with Linen Leaf. These linen fabrics are a wonderful base for a room that allow you to add your own accents.

Another staple of spring decor is, of course, flowers. For those of us who work around the clock, or those with bad allergies, running to the market to pick up a fresh bouquet of tulips every week just isn't going to happen. And that is why silk flowers are our best option. That's right, I said it...silk flowers. These arrangements are made to order and actually look and feel very realistic (none of that cheap waxy finish we hate). These brightly colored silk tulips are my favorite and make for a wonderful centerpiece.

So, overall, spring cleaning may not be the albatross you expected. Small and simple projects and additions to your home make a huge difference, now decorate with a spring in your step!