party on! crafty secrets style!



Hello everyone!

For this month, all the Crafty Secrets Design Team gals were to create something around a party theme. I decided to take the "tea party" route and create something with the new Alice in Wonderland products!




Instead of a layout, I used a hanging drawer wall display I got at a local craft store. The drawer came in a dark brown or white - I was set on the white since it offsets the pastels so well in the Alice Scraps. Each section of this wall hanging measures 4x6, so it was very easy to cut, stain, and adhere since the measurements are already there. I used an adorable collection from Heidi Grace for the patterned paper and American Crafts cardstock for the solid. For two of the photo areas, I cut 4x6 sections from the inside of the Wonderland Tea Creative Scraps.....the hardest part? - deciding which of the many wonderful scenes to use!


For the solid photo mat areas, I stitched a zig zag border to give a little dimension. On the pink photo mat, I stamped the adorable tea pot and teacup from the "Tea With Alice" acrylic stamps in a subtle pink ink. To add a little texture and pop, I used a variety of ribbons, fibers, and fabrics to tie to the drawer handle at the top of the display. Now it is ready for the perfect tea or birthday party photos!



Now you simply must check out all the other extraordinary party projects by the rest of the Design Team....off you go:


xoxo