Men usually don't have that much say in the decorating of your home, do they? We think because if we leave it up to them all they will buy is big screen TVs and Lazy Boy chairs. Say what you will about stereotype. It exists because it's usually true.
So consider this a "Straight Women for Straight Guys" intervention. Furnishings can be very masculine and stylish at the same time. Here are some of our favorite furniture lines that have that combination:
Thomas O'Brien for Hickory Chair:
This line is what we would describe as modern American classic. Very clean-lined. Solid, neutral colors. A little bit pricey, but it's the kind of furniture that won't go out of style for a long time.
Michael Weiss for Vanguard Furniture
This is another one of our favorite collection. Manly, but not overly so. There are some soft touches in the details that we like. Less expensive than Thomas O'Brien, and the quality is just as nice.
If you are looking for an affordable line with coordinating and matching items, Brownstone is a good choice. Very inexpensive. They just added a new upholstery collection, which is really nice. We like the upholstery collection a lot more than the casegoods (industry term for wood pieces).
If your man likes really, really simple, clean-lined things he'll like this line. Pricey (more on the wood pieces than upholstery-the upholstery products are a bit more reasonable). It could be a little severe (because it's all straight lines and geometric and muted colors).
As always, warm up these rooms with accessories--such as rugs, artwork, fresh flowers, books etc. We can't emphasize enough what a huge difference this would make.
- ► 2011 (335)
- Minimalist Design for Bathroom
- The Japanese Minimalist Home
- Little Nest at Nest!!
- Design Inspirations Q&A: Irene Hoofs of Bloesem Bl...
- Relaxing Minimalist Pool on The Highland
- Modern Bookcases
- Five Ways to Make Your House Younger
- Masculine Furnishings for Men
- Ultra Cool Barstool
- Grand Living Room Interior Design
- Design Bucket List: Zettel'z Chandelier
- What happened to our taste?
- Minimalist Home Entry
- Pin It Forward: What Home Means To Me
- Modern and Minimalist Bathroom Design
- Minimalist Building on the Second Floor
- Thank you, Simply Grove!
- Minimalist Living Becomes Very Popular
- Monday Menagerie: Exposed Brick
- Front View Minimalist Home Design in Urban Areas
- Minimalist Blue Bedroom Inspiration
- The Arimbi Minimalist Bedroom Design
- Interview + Giveaway on The Someday Blog!
- Design Inspirations Q&A: Megan Arquette of Beach B...
- Minimalism Concept On Relaxing Room
- Minimalist Design on Simple Livingroom
- Giveaway on Hello, Splendor!!
- Monday Menagerie: Outdoor Dining
- Minimalist and Comfortable Bathroom
- Accessories Placement On The Children Room
- Design Inspirations Q&A: Bryn of Bryn Alexandra In...
- Minimalist Bedroom Design for Children
- Wondrous Eiffel Tower At Paris Night Architecture
- ▼ June (33)
- ► 2009 (30)