Crafty Secrets and Eclectic Paperie (Shabby) blog hop



Good Morning All! Wow it has been such a long while since I have posted something here in blog-world. I have been so busy with work and personal life that I needed to take a break for a spell. Thank heavens spring break is on the horizon so I can relax my mind and sip margarita while snuggled up with my husband's Kindle. I sort of feel guilty about this birthday present that I stole from him...but he seems to be content with all the magic his phone has to offer. Boys and their gadgets!



Today I have a special post and event to share with you. The design team girls from Crafty Secrets have teamed up with the lovely ladies from Eclectic Paperie for a fun filled blog hop! The theme for this hop is "Shabby Chic". I decided to use the Wonderland Tea Party Scraps to show you a different 12x12 layout idea. This little lady is a student at the school where I work. She was an adorable Alice for Halloween and a perfect model for the focal point of this layout.



I decided to use the scrap of Alice with her elongated neck since it off-set my photograph. I then made a pocket behind the mat where I tucked a scrap turned into a tag/journaling spot. The little cutout ticket was my final touch of Crafty Secrets. The paper I used is from Pink Paislee - love its shabbiness! I always love adding flower embellishments to all of my designs. Sometimes I probably go overboard, but I just love the dimension and "pop" they give my pieces - I can't help myself! I vintage piece of handmade lace I found at a flea market adds more textured shabbiness to this layout.

Both Eclectic Paperie and Crafty Secrets will be giving away prizes. A total of six prizes all together! You can find out more about the prizes on the Heartwarming Vintage and Eclectic Paperie blogs ( linked below). The more DT blogs you visit and leave comments on, the more you increase your chances to win one of the 6 prizes. Winners to be announced on Monday.
Annnd....I decided to add my own prize to one lucky winner! Leave a comment and become a follower if you aren't already. Your prize? A pink ATG gun! Yep! I just LOVE my ATG gun and use it on every project! And refills for this puppy are easy to find online or at your local craft show like Michaels. You will love it! Winner will be announced Monday!

Good luck and be sure to hop along and leave those comments!!
Craft Secrets DTgirls

Vicki Chrisman Team Leader

Linda Duke (on both teams)
Michele Kovack
Flo Teixeira from France

Heartwarming Vintage Blog

Crafty Secrets website

Eclecitc Paperie DT girls

Broni Holcombe
Latrice Murphy
Linda Ledbetter
Micki Harper
Sherry Cheever
Starla Nelson
Daisy- eP blog