sweet dreams & pumpkin cranberry scones


Last week we celebrated the legendary Dr. Seuss in our little school library. Students came to school sporting fun outfits coordinating with the day's theme. We had Silly Sock Day for Fox in Socks, Backwards Day for Wacky Wednesday, Crazy Hat Day for The Cat in the Hat, Green Day for The Lorax, and Favorite Seuss Character Day for our finale! On Friday, our wonderful lunch ladies made a breakfast of Green Eggs and Ham - just perfect for Sam I Am! The kiddos had a great time - and so did the librarian! ;o) Instead of working on my Easter mini, I decided to start a blog for parents and family members at our school. Now they can still share in their child's school memories - even though they can't be there. You can check out my school library blog here.



As many of you know, I am trying to become a little more well versed in photography. I have been reading and practicing and let me tell you - it ain't as easy as it seems! I am pretty technical minded and I keep having to refresh my brain with all the different settings, definitions, and techniques of the digital dslr world. I have a new appreciation of photography and the amount of knowledge and work that goes into it!



So for today's post, I am sharing a few practice pictures I took today. The cupcakes are from a little bakery in Sycamore, IL called "Sweet Dream Desserts". This bakery is uh-mazing! Their cupcakes are just to die for! I bought these little lovelies as a thank you to all the teachers and behind the scenes peeps who helped make our Dr. Seuss celebration a success. I did, of course, buy a few extras for my hubby and I to scarf down throughout the weekend!




And even though we have cupcakes galore - I still made some Pumpkin Cranberry Scones today! I found this Nordicware scone pan at our local Goodwill for a steal and couldn't wait to try it out!! The scones are delish!






Pumpkin Cranberry Scone Recipe
Ingredients
:
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice. Cut in butter with pastry cutter or fork until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Add cranberries.
  3. In small bowl, beat egg. Add pumpkin and milk. Pour all at once into well in the middle of the dry ingredients mixing with a fork until just moistened.
  4. Knead on lightly floured breadboard until nearly smooth (several seconds). Pat dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle. Cut dough into 4x3 inch rectangles; cut each rectangle in half to form triangles. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Hoping your having a relaxing weekend!
xoxo